Friday 21 October 2011

How The Weight Fell Off With MyFitnessPal

Since May, I started to use MyFitnessPal to help control my calorie intake because through the whole month of April whilst I was using the gym and doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred I did not lose a single lb. I started at 9st 4 and was still at this weight at the end of the 30 Day Shred because I did not watch my food intake and had no clue about all the calories I taking in.

I have the sweetest tooth ever and when I have time on my hand I can eat one chocolate bar after another or one crisp after another and that month in April I was still doing just that, scoffing all those junk food so it was no wonder the weight wasn't dropping.

Once I had MyfitnessPal set up on my android phone I was good to go. At 5 ft 4 I set myself a target to get from 125lbs to 119lbs and with MyfitnessPal you set your goal weight you want to reach at a certain time. You should always give yourself a reasonable target as its not healthy to lose a great amount of lbs in a short period, you are only setting yourself to failure.

So from then on I started to track all the food and drink I was taking in and I tracked all the exercise I did, my calorie deficit at this point was 1250 and I always ate all my exercise calories aswell so most days I would eat around 1500 calories.

My weight from then on started to drop, I lost a lb a week and some weeks I didn't lose any due to water retention and time of the month. On May 5th 2011 I weighed myself at 9st 4lbs and by September 7th 2011 I was down to 8st 8lbs.

I can not recommend MyFitnessPal enough as I have gained great amounts of knowledge regarding fitness and nutrition through the community, and the other users are always willing to give their support if you need it.

I have learnt how important it is to give our bodies the right amounts to fuel to keep ourselves fit and there is no need to punish ourselves for taking cheat days as this is a lifestyle change and you should always treat yourself but also remember that you are what you eat.

I also learnt how many calories those chocolate bars that I used to eat one after the other contained, learning about their calories put an end to my junk food binge eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment